Thursday, November 14, 2013

my short culinary arts career

They say the way to man's heart is through his stomach.
I remember my first meal prepared for my husband. I made pasta with sweet & sour sauce and Polish sausage. He didn't like it... 
He was polite and tried to empty the plate but it wasn't to his liking... ;) Well I was a student then, thinking about my study, friends and wine more than mastering my cooking skills.
After few years I got a little bit better and I have to say he likes my culinary experiments more and more which encourages me to go outside my comfort zone. 
Phil is a great cook. From everywhere we go he brings some nice products home and he finds easily new culinary inspiration. It's great when we can transfer some holidays flavors into our kitchen.

home made chilli oil
Halloween celebration

Mediterranean Peppers
aubergine gratin
Polish dumplings with meat
I don't count calories or say no to a desert-ever! and when I see this little box full of amazing Polish chocolates with light like a cloud vanilla souffle inside I am in heaven. If you ever find it on the store shelf don't think twice just grab it to your basket and indulge yourself with it.
You can always find this on my desk :)

Let me know if you'd like to know any of the recipes...

What is you favorite Autumn meal?